Monday, April 7, 2014

Turtles in our Condo Bay


Today is our last full day in the condo on the Kona side--we were going to drive north again, but decided instead to go down to the little beach by us and wade in the sea.  Helen wandered up the up the beach to look at tidepools while I waded out into the shallow waters and stood in the soft surf.   As I stood there, i caught a head popping up our of the water about 25 feet away from me, and guessed it was a swimming turtle since I could see a dark shape moving under the water too.

I got out of the water to leave the turtle in peace and joined Helen for tidepool exploration.  She had seen several small fish as well as some small water snakes. The water is crystal clear (below), and you can see deep into the pools.




Here are a few of the fish pictures I captured looking down from above on the rocks into the pools, spotting many of the same species of fish:











We returned to the sandy portion of the little beach, and once again say a turtle swimming.  he never came completely out of the water, but he came in close to shore allowing me to capture "parts" of him--a flipper, a back, etc.:










No comments:

Post a Comment