Monday, April 7, 2014

Pearls & Rays by the Bay


We wanted to dine again at Don the Beachcomber, but found out they were only open Th-Fri-Sat, so we are glad we had the opportunity when we did last Friday night with Holly, Lary, and Shane.  It will be a special memory.  So, we still went north to Hilo Hattie's, but Helen and I decided to try Rays by the Bay at the nearby Sheraton later.

At Hilo Hattie's I decided to do the Pick-a-Pearl stand, which I had passed by for several years.  I chose the ugliest oyster I could find, and the lovely sales lady opened the oyster and out popped two beautiful pinkish pearls.  Well, I couldn't stop myself--I had them set into some sterling plumeria leaves (above).  She gave me a free oyster pick and this time my oyster had only one, but larger.  I didn't have that one set and am bringing it home.  Helen also chose and oyster, and she too got a pearl, but didn't have it set.

We then headed south, and had a lovely dinner at Rays by the Bay of a shared Pupu tray plus dessert. The waves were high, although not as high is the last two days. The ocean is very close, nearly as close as at Don the Beachcombers, so here is a view from our table of the crashing surf:


No comments:

Post a Comment