Thursday, November 6, 2014

First Day In Costa Rica


Thanks to a wonderful Christmas present from Laura, Chris, and Deidra last year, the three stooges (me, Helen, and Liz) are off again to stay a week in Costa Rica at the home of Peter and Darcie.  Yesterday, Carlos picked us up at the airport, drove us to the Auto Mercado to get supplies, and brought us to #3 in Los Almendros, a little outside Playa de Coco.

The house is right on the beach, has three lovely bedrooms all with ceiling fans (needed as it is quite warm and humid here this week).  Stefani from the office called to check with us last night, and we will meet her on Friday as she is gone from the office today.

Things we will be checking on--replacing the light bulb for the vanity in the master bedroom, leak under the sink, and how to get hot water (although the cool shower was fine this am).  We  have decided not to use the toaster oven since both Liz and I got a small shock when touching it, and will make toast-in-a-pan, which worked fine this morning.

Everisto came by this morning to work in the yard, and I introduced myself to him as "Susana, una amiga de Peter and Darcie" who he told me were very nice`people, and I agreed.  We spoke Spanish as well as I could, but my brain doesn't work as fast as it did  50 years ago when I first learned it..

We have all been to the beach and waded a bit, and later today will spend more time there.   The magpie above is hanging around our balcony--really pretty bird.

Off to the beach again!

No comments:

Post a Comment